2018 PATRIOTS CHEERLEADERS AUDITIONS
Audition to become a cheerleader for the 5X Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots.
- Make public appearances throughout New England in support of our communities' charitable organizations and local businesses
- Perform for 65,000 fans during nationally televised games
- Model for the Patriots Cheerleaders’ swimsuit calendar, poster and video shoots
- International travel opportunities
Two unique opportunities are available.
PATRIOTS CHEERLEADERS DANCE TEAM
The Patriots Cheerleaders dance team is required to attend a minimum of 2 rehearsals per week. They perform at Patriots home games, participate in public appearances and photo shoots. Each candidate must be at least 18 years of age and be a high school graduate or have a GED by the date of preliminary auditions to participate. There is no age limit or height requirement.
You may complete an online application or apply day of auditions at registration. If completed online, you’ll receive an automated response confirming receipt.
For full details, see preliminary audition requirements below.
As part of our responsibility to the community and our team partners, public and game day appearances are an important squad role. We have assembled an elite squad for promotional appearances and event participation. A promotional cheerleader is a non-performing squad member specifically chosen for her specialization in, and availability for, public and game-day appearances. Candidates must be at least 18 years of age and must be a high school graduate or have a GED by the date of final auditions to participate. There is no age limit or height requirement. Promotional cheerleaders will be asked to attend some rehearsals with advanced notice. They make appearances throughout the stadium on game days and participate in photo shoots. Promotional cheerleaders are not required to compete in the dance round of the auditions.
- 3 photos
- Color or black and white
- Size 5 x 7 or larger
- One full length and one headshot should be included
- One candid without photo retouching
- Photos can reflect any outfit (casual, business, formal, swimwear, fitness)
- $20.00 processing fee (check or MO) made payable to New England Patriots
Attention: Tracy Sormanti
One Patriot Place
Foxboro, MA 02035
- All of the above must be RECEIVED (not postmarked) at Gillette Stadium by February 16, 2018.
- Online application must be completed in order for your packet to be considered
INTERVIEWS: Promotional cheerleader candidates will be notified via email as to whether or not they have been selected for an interview after all packets have been reviewed. Promotional cheerleader candidates do not attend preliminary auditions unless they wish to also be considered for the dance team. (See below).
INTEREST IN BOTH DANCE TEAM AND PROMOTIONAL CHEERLEADER TEAM
If you're interested in the dance team but would also be interested in consideration for the promotional cheerleader team, you should attend preliminary auditions and you should not send in a promotional cheerleader packet. Candidates not advancing as a dance finalist will have their audition packets re-reviewed and some call backs will be made.
PRELIMINARY AUDITIONS REQUIREMENTS
Date: Saturday, March 3, 2018
Time: 9:30 a.m. registration.
Location: Pieri Gymnasium at Dean College, Franklin, MA (Directions)
Preliminary Auditions will be held on one day only. There will not be a make-up date scheduled and we do not accept videotapes in lieu of auditioning. Preliminary auditions are not open for public viewing.
- Wear neat work-out attire and sneakers or dance shoes
- Hair and make-up: “glamour” vs. “sporty”
- Plenty to drink, lunch and snacks
- $20.00 registration fee; cash, check or MO made payable to the New England Patriots
- 1 5x7 photo for identification purposes
- Online application can be submitted online in advance or you may apply day-of at registration
- Freestyle round - we will provide the music day of event
- 1 or 2 dance combinations will be taught
- 40-50 dancers will advance to semi-final auditions
- Interview schedules will be arranged
OPTIONAL AUDITION WORKSHOP
Date: Saturday, January 20, 2018
Time: 9:00 a.m. (registration) - 3:00 p.m.
Location: Guidrey Center, Dean College, Franklin, MA (directions below)
Our Optional Audition Workshop is a program designed to better prepare candidates for the audition process.
- Learn dance choreography similar to the style that will be taught at preliminary auditions
- Fitness session conducted by Andy Berler, creator of BMAX and personal trainer for the Patriots Cheerleaders
- Nutritional guidance session hosted by Dr. Debra Foschi, Patriots Cheerleaders’ nutritionist
- Detailed overview of the audition process and Q&A
- Each participant will receive a 2017 Patriots Cheerleaders poster
Workshop is not open for public viewing
Age: Must be at least 18 years of age to participate
What to Wear: Neat work-out attire with warm-ups and sneakers or dance shoes
What to Bring: Snacks, water bottle and notebook/pen
Cost of Workshop: $125.00 (one hundred twenty five dollars) per participant
You may click the button below to pay via credit card and register online, OR, you can mail a check or MO, made payable to New England Patriots, being sure to note the name of the attendee on the payment. Payments must be received (NOT POSTMARKED) at Gillette Stadium by January 19, 2018.
Mail To: Cheerleaders, Gillette Stadium, One Patriot Place, Foxboro, MA 02035
DIRECTIONS TO GUIDREY CENTER AT DEAN COLLEGE:
The Dean College campus is conveniently located 5 minutes off Interstate I-495 at exit 17 (Route 140 South). Visitors should park in the Campus Center parking lot by the outdoor basketball court.
If you are using GPS, enter the address: 109 West Central Street, Franklin, MA 02038.
Visitors to The Guidrey Center should enter the Campus Center, the Guidrey Center is located on your left as you walk down the concourse.
From the Massachusetts Turnpike (I-90)
Take Exit 11A to I-495 South. Continue south to Exit 17 and turn left at the end of the ramp onto Route 140 South. Continue Route 140 South for 1.5 miles through four traffic lights. After passing the fourth light, look for the Campus Center parking lot on the left.
Take I-84 East or I-395 North to the Massachusetts Turnpike (I-90) East. Proceed to Exit 11A to I-495 South. Continue south to Exit 17 and turn left at the end of the ramp onto Route 140 South. Continue on Route 140 South for 1.5 miles through four traffic lights. After passing the fourth light, look for the Campus Center parking lot on the left.
From New Hampshire and Maine
Take I-93 South or I-95 South to I-495 South. Continue south to Exit 17 and turn left at the end of the ramp onto Route 140 South. Continue on Route 140 South for 1.5 miles through four traffic lights. After passing the fourth light, look for the Campus Center parking lot on the left.
From Rhode Island
Take Route I-95 North to I-495 North. Continue north to Exit 17 and turn right at the end of the ramp onto Route 140 South. Continue Route 140 South for 1.5 miles through four traffic lights. After passing the fourth light, look for the Campus Center parking lot on the left.