Official website of the New England Patriots

News Blitz 4/20: Nick Caserio ready to go despite lost pick

With the draft now just over a week away things are starting to pick up around the Gillette Stadium football offices. On Tuesday director of player personnel Nick Caserio conducted a press conference in Foxborough and fielded a number of questions about the current crop.

ESPNBoston.com says the team will be ready to go despite some lengthy gaps between picks. The Boston Globe wonders if running back will be among the positions the team picks, while adding that the Patriots will not dwell on the loss of their first-round pick. The Boston Herald agrees that Deflategate penalties won't derail New England's draft. According to CSNNE.com, Caserio says there's nothing the team can do about losing the pick and that the Patriots philosophy in the second round won't change as a result. WEEI.com says New England doesn't need a first-round pick to make another substantial draft haul.

The Patriots recently released 2014 first-round pick Dominique Easley and there were some reports that indicated he may not have been the easiest guy to get along with in the locker room. Alan Branch disagrees with that notion and stood behind his former teammate.

ESPNBoston.com takes a look at the Patriots draft history and comes up with a very logical choice for the franchise's best all-time late-round pick.

The Patriots offseason program got underway earlier in the week and cornerback Logan Ryan was one of those in attendance, but he was not alone.

Finally, Nate Ebner has a "50-50 chance" of making the US Olympic Rugby team according to his coach.

This article has been reproduced in a new format and may be missing content or contain faulty links. Please use the Contact Us link in our site footer to report an issue.

Advertising