Malcolm Mitchell has dedicated his time off the field to encouraging reading and sharing the magic of getting lost in a good book. In honor of his 24th birthday today, Lifestyle is helping Patriots Nation celebrate the wide receiver in a way he can appreciate: reading.
We've put together a list of 19 book recommendations (in no particular order) in honor of No. 19, and the list features some of his all-time favorites, books on his summer reading list, stories that inspired him or books that were turned into shows he loves (Winter is here).
From the "Harry Potter" series to "Exclamation Mark," Malcolm's library is vast and varied. There is truly something for everyone in Patriots Nation to dive into. So check out the list and head to your local library or bookstore. You never know. One of these books might be one of your new favorites too.
- "Exclamation Mark" by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
- "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn
- "Me Before You" by JoJo Moyes
- "The Giving Tree" by Shel Silverstein
- "The Harry Potter" series by J.K. Rowling
- "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child" by Jack Thorne, J.K. Rowling and John Tiffany
- "Steve Jobs" by Walter Isaacson
- "Nightingale" by Kristin Hannah
- "The Hunger Games" series by Suzanne Collins
- "Must Win" by Drew Jubera
- "The Da Vinci" Code by Dan Brown
- "To Kill a Mocking Bird" by Harper Lee
- "The Glass Castle" by Jeannette Walls
- "Sharp Objects" by Gillian Flynn
- "Lies My Teacher Told Me" by James W. Loewen
- "Unbroken" by Laura Hillenbrand
- "A Song of Ice and Fire" ("Game of Thrones" series) by George R.R. Martin
- "The Boys in the Boat" by Daniel James Brown
- "The Magician's Hat" by Malcolm Mitchell (because there's no better way to celebrate Malcolm's birthday)
Malcolm only turns 24 once, so celebrate like he would want you to. Grabbing a book and getting lost in a story. Happy reading, and happy birthday, Malcolm!